APRIL N. NASON
DEDICATED TO HARD WORK & PROTECTING HER CLIENTS' INTERESTS
April Nason earned her Juris Doctor from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 2010 with the distinction of graduating in the top third of her class. During law school, she served as a judicial clerk for Oakland County Circuit Court.
Upon graduation, she worked at Shermeta, Adams & Von Allmen as a Creditor Rights attorney with a concentration in state court litigation and a high level of experience in mediations and case evaluations involving consumer contracts.
April earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the College of Social Science at Michigan State University in Interdisciplinary Studies in Social Sciences and Human Resources in Society, and a cognate in Economics in 2005. She also played lacrosse for MSU.
April was selected by Super Lawyers as a Michigan Rising Star and a Top Women Attorney in Michigan Rising Star showcased in Hour Detroit Magazine, Hour Detroit: The Top Women Attorneys in Michigan and Michigan Super Lawyers Magazine in 2016, 2017 and 2018. In 2016 April was listed as a 2016 Michigan Top Lawyer in Personal Injury appearing at MichiganTopLawyers.com.
In 2017, April had three settlements listed in Michigan Lawyers Weekly 2017 Million Dollar Verdicts & Settlements, which include settlements in the amount of $1.45 million, $1 Million, and $1 Million.
In her free time, April enjoys running, gardening, cooking/baking, attending Michigan State Football games, and spending time with her family and dogs.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Gunn Lakes Tribal Court
- Keweenaw Bay Indian Community Tribal Court
- Little River Band of Ottawa Indians Tribal Court
- Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians Tribal Court
- Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi Tribal Court
- Pokagon Bank of Potawatomi Indians Tribal Court
- Sault St. Marie Chippewa Tribal Court in 2012
- The Tribal Court of The Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School (J.D., 2010)
- Michigan State University Law School (B.A., 2005)
ADDITIONAL PRACTICE AREAS