What Are Surgical Never Events?
While any medical error is one to be avoided, surgical never events are mistakes so erroneous, they are should never happen. These are defined as serious, adverse, and preventable events, which are of great concern to both the public and health care providers in the larger scheme of things.
These surgical never events, though they are never supposed to happen, unfortunately sometimes do. They can result in serious consequences, including disability or death. If you are a victim of a surgical never event, you may have the chance to pursue litigation against those who have wronged you and put your life at risk.
Some common examples of surgical never events, include, but are not limited to:
- Artificial insemination with the wrong donor sperm or egg
- Patient elopement
- Surgery performed on wrong body party
- Surgery performed on wrong patient
- Infant discharged to wrong person
- Patient suicide
- Patient abduction
- Sexual assault in a healthcare facility
- Patient death or serious disability due to an intravascular air embolism, contaminated drugs or devices
- Impersonation of a physician nurse, or medical professional
- Stage 3 or 4 pressure ulcers acquired after admission to a healthcare facility
Schedule Your Case Evaluation with Our Trustworthy Team
Have you been injured at the hands of another’s negligence or misconduct? If so, there is no time to waste in enlisting in the help of a Southfield personal injury attorney you can trust to advocate on your behalf. At Fieger Law, we will do everything in our power to ensure you are protected as possible throughout this entire process. No matter how taxing or difficult your particular case, we seek to resolve your medical malpractice issues as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Interested in scheduling an initial consultation with a member of our trusted legal team? Don’t hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience by calling (800) 294-6637.