What to Do After a Car Accident
The chaos and confusion of a car accident can be debilitating in more ways than one. Not only does your body go into a physical state of shock, your mind is jolted — leaving you unable to focus on much else. When involved in a car accident, most of us go into a fight-or-flight mode, which means the last things on our mind are the practical aspects of the situation. However, as difficult as it may be, it is important you don’t skip out on some of the most important steps following a car accident.
These steps include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Call 911 immediately, and request an ambulance if anyone at the scene is visibly hurt.
- Pull to the side to avoid another accident from occurring. Turn off your vehicle and make sure your emergency blinkers are on.
- Exchange information with the other person, including names, driver’s license information, insurance information, the vehicle’s license plate, etc.
- Take photographs of the entire scene, including the other vehicle’s damages, the location, as well as any road signs or conditions which may have contributed to the accident.
- File your insurance claim as soon as you get home.
Contact Our Experienced Southfield Car Accident Attorneys Today
At Fieger Law, we know car accidents can be an incredibly devastating experience for anyone to endure. This is why we seek to treat your case with the utmost care and meticulousness, as we feel you deserve nothing less. We will be your trusted ally when you have no one else to rely on, ensuring you receive the legal counsel, care, and representation you deserve.
Schedule an initial consultation with a member of our firm by contacting us at your earliest convenience. You may do so by calling (800) 294-6637.