Stats Regarding Car Accidents: The Alarming Numbers
The stats regarding car accidents in Michigan are concerning. More than 300,000 were reported in 2018 alone and most could have been avoided if people were driving more cautiously. Below are the actual numbers of accidents and which types were most common in 2018.
What are the Traffic Collision Stats from 2018?
In 2018, the state of Michigan saw a total of 312,798 total crashes. Of those accidents, 107,843 of them involved a single vehicle. Of the total number of collisions, 256,553 of them involved property damage only, but there were still 55,340 in which someone suffered an injury, and 905 were fatal.
How Often Do Crashes Occur?
- A crash occurred every 1 minute 41 seconds
- A person suffered a fatal injury in a crash every 9 hours
- A person suffered an injury in a crash every 6 minutes 56 seconds
- A driver under the age of 21 suffered a fatal injury in a crash every 3 days 13 hours 3 minutes
- A pedestrian suffered an injury every 4 hours 49 minutes
- A motorcyclist suffered an injury every 4 hours 3 minutes
- A person suffered a fatal injury in an alcohol-related crash every 1 day 3 hours 49 minutes
You can improve your odds of avoiding a car accident by driving safely, but even then, there are no guaranteed ways to prevent a crash. At (Site:BusinessName), our Michigan car accidents attorneys are here to help you through the process and protect your rights.
Call us todayat (800) 294-6637.