Southfield Tort Lawyers
Representing the Injured & Wronged Across the U.S.
When one person injures another person, either knowingly or by accident, it is considered a tort case and a “civil” wrong. As such, the four main goals of tort law are:
- To win compensation for personal injury victims.
- To legally obligate the person who harmed the victim to pay restorative and punitive damages.
- To prevent the recurrence of similar reckless or negligent action in the future.
- To defend the victim’s legal rights.
As a civil case, the goal is not to prove criminal liability. A tort case is intended to help victims get financial compensation. At Fieger Law, we have helped win maximum compensation in tort cases for many clients. We fight hard to attain damages for physical, psychological, and emotional injuries.
The 3 Types of Torts
- Intentional Wrong Torts – An act committed against another person with the intention of causing harm.
- Negligence Torts – When an injury occurs from the actions or inaction of another person.
- Strict Liability Torts – When a manufacturer creates and sells a defective product.
Compensation in torts are intended to help the plaintiff (you) recover from your injuries. However, “recovery” is a broader category than simply paying for a doctor. Tort cases can address your short-term and long-term medical needs, your loss of wages and earning capacity, and even your emotional and psychological damages. Punitive damages also address the pain and suffering you are going through.
Common damages in tort cases:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Permanent disability
- Loss of wages
- Impairment of earning capacity
- Personal property damage
No one should have to cope with a lifetime of suffering due to someone’s negligence, greed, or ambivalence. If you have been harmed by the actions of another person or company, let the experts at Fieger Law handle your tort case. Geoffrey Fieger and his team will fight hard to get you the financial damages you’re entitled to. We’ve obtained over 165 verdicts and settlements at $1 million or higher, and countless more results otherwise.
Let us fight for you.
FIEGER LAW: NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED TORT LAWYERS—FIGHTING FOR YOU
For over 30 years, the tort/personal injury experts at Fieger Law have fought for victims’ rights. If you or a family member have suffered a personal injury as the result of someone else’s negligence, Geoffrey Fieger and the expert attorneys at Fieger Law can help. We’ve secured more seven-figure results than any firm in the nation—we know how to get you what you need.
Call 1-800-A-WINNER or tell us about your case using our online form. We will review your case at no cost to you—just tell us your story.