Southfield Car Accident Attorney
Securing Compensation Across the United States
Have you been in a car accident? Are you looking for answers? Do you need someone to fight for you? A car accident can change your life in an instant. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, the Southfield car accident lawyers of Fieger Law are here to help.
Why You Need Legal Counsel After An Accident
Car accidents can range from one-on-one crashes to pile-ups involving multiple vehicles. They may include drivers and passengers as well. Property damage can exceed tens of thousands of dollars. Worse yet, injuries can be severe, resulting in lifelong consequences and physical tolls.
Car accidents are complex events, with multiple factors involved in each collision. There are many reasons why accidents occur, including:
- Poor weather conditions
- Distracted driving
The role of a skilled car accident lawyer is to cut through the extraneous details and get to the core of an accident’s cause. Our firm is renowned all over the world for investigating and demonstrating negligence in highly complex, layered cases.
In order to preserve evidence and pursue the benefits you deserve, you need an attorney who is an expert in accident law. You need an attorney with a winning track record who won’t back down from large insurance companies or the opposing counsel. You need someone who will fight to get you the money you need for your medical expenses, your rehabilitation, your family, and your property.
One of the Most Successful Law Firms in the United States
Award-winning lawyer Geoffrey Fieger is known for high-profile clients like assisted-suicide advocate Dr. Jack Kevorkian, and for record-setting birth trauma and medical malpractice verdicts. Less well known is his unparalleled success winning millions of dollars for everyday clients involved in car crashes.
Geoffrey and his team of attorneys have won more than 165 verdicts and settlements of $1 million or more. Many of these were for victims of car accidents, including:
- $15 million in a Detroit case in 2008
- $30 million in Coe v. City of Dearborn in 2005
- $30 million in an auto negligence case in Genessee County in 2000
What Is Auto Negligence?
Generally speaking, auto negligence is a failure to operate a motor vehicle in a reasonably safe manner, with due regard to terrain, weather and other vehicles.
Laws regarding auto negligence differ across the country, but the award-winning team at Michigan-based Fieger Law is expert at navigating laws in each state. You need counsel to make sure you are handling evidence, dealing with others involved in the crash, and communicating with insurance companies and their lawyers in a manner that protects you and gets you the benefits you deserve.
What to Do If You Are Involved In a Car Accident
- Never leave the scene of an accident.
- Call the police right away and wait for them at the scene.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver involved.
- Call your insurance company immediately with your police report number to tell them about the accident.
- If you are injured, call Fieger Law to learn important steps to take when reporting your injury to your insurance company, requesting the proper forms, and documenting your medical care.
When your future is on the line, you need a proven winner at your side. There is no second place in a courtroom battle and our Southfield car accident lawyers understand this reality—call (800) 294-6637 to fight for what you need and deserve.
- What Should You Ask Your Doctor After a Car Accident?
- What If You Were In a Accident While Driving A Rental Car?
- Tips for Settling a Car Accident Claim
- Top 5 Mistakes New Drivers Make
Contact us by phone or through submission of our simple online form.