Michigan Surgical Error Attorneys
Michigan’s Most Feared Medical Malpractice Lawyers Will Fight for You!
Surgical errors are more common than people realize, but that doesn’t make them acceptable. At Fieger Law, our experienced team of surgical error attorneys don’t accept lame excuses and medical double-speak. We expect answers and demand justice for you and your family.
If a surgical error as a result of hospital negligence, a surgeon’s error, or an anesthesiologist’s mistake caused harm to you or a loved one, Fieger Law is here for you. Geoffrey Fieger and his team have helped hundreds of medical malpractice patients receive the compensation they were entitled to as the result of a surgical error.
Information Regarding Surgical Errors
When it comes to medical malpractice, surgical errors represent some of the most catastrophic and expensive cases. When a patient undergoes surgery, they are trusting their healthcare professionals with their lives. Unfortunately, despite new advancements in training, technology, and medical procedures, surgical errors still happen far too often.
A 2012 John Hopkins Malpractice Study discovered that:
- Surgical errors occur approximately 4,000 times a year.
- Foreign objects were left in patients 39 times a week.
- The wrong procedure was performed 20 times a week.
- The wrong body site was operated on 20 times a week.
- Death occurred in 6.6% of patients.
- Permanent injury occurred in 32.9% of patients.
Common examples of surgical errors include:
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Surgical instruments left inside patients
- Miscommunication prior to surgery
- Incorrect or illegible information in patient’s chart
- Wrong patient surgery (patient mix-up)
- Failure to receive the desired surgical outcome
Surgical error injuries to patients include:
- Loss of limbs
- Internal bleeding
- Damage to muscles, ligaments, tissue, organs and nerves
- Brain damage
Fieger Law: Nationally Recognized Surgical Error Lawyers in Southfield—Fighting For You
In 2015, Fieger Law fought for a woman’s family after she went to the hospital with jaw pain. She was inexplicably subjected to an unnecessary brain surgery that ended in her death. Our investigation and the lawsuit we filed revealed the truth: the doctors had operated on the wrong patient.
We secured her family $21 million and shined a light on that hospital’s horrible mistake. If that family had never called us, those doctors never would have admitted their error. More than money or support, our medical malpractice experts provide our clients with closure that comes from getting answers.
If your family has suffered as the result of a surgical error, Geoffrey Fieger and his team at Fieger Law can help.
Call 1-800-A-WINNER or tell us about your case using our simple online form. A free and confidential discussion of your case may lead to the truth behind your injuries.