Birth Injury Lawyers in Southfield, MI
Fighting for Injured Infants Throughout the Nation
Birth injuries are a result of medical negligence that occurs during the labor and delivery process and can result in permanent disabilities, developmental delays and learning difficulties for your child. Often, birth injuries require lifelong care, rehabilitation, and specialized resources to help these children improve their lives and capability. Many families can’t afford such care. It’s the doctors and hospitals who should pay for treatment.
The experienced Michigan-based team of medical malpractice lawyers at Fieger Law will find out what happened, discern who is at fault, and fight for you.
Award-winning attorney Geoffrey Fieger has won multi-million dollar birth injury verdicts throughout the U.S. We have over 30 years of trial experience and have been helping birth injury victims since 1983. Trust us—we will find out what happened to your baby.
Hospitals Won’t Tell You They Made a Mistake
The medical error that has caused brain damage to your child will result in a crushing financial burden to you and your family. Who’s going to pay for the lifetime care of your child? Doctors, hospitals, and insurance companies will never admit their mistakes, but the nationally renowned team of birth trauma lawyers at Fieger Law will find the truth.
You need a powerful birth injury attorney, the most successful medical malpractice lawyer you can find, one who knows how to fight for victims’ rights against hospitals and large insurance companies. At Fieger Law, we have the resources that you will need to fight for the rights of your baby. We can help you and your family.
Fieger Law is among the nation’s top birth trauma law firms. We have decades of experience and have won record-setting birth trauma verdicts and settlements across America, including $144.5 million in Michigan, $53 million in Illinois, $30 million in Ohio, and $17 million in West Virginia. Our largest birth injury verdict is also the largest single-injury verdict in U.S. history. When you call Fieger Law, you’re calling a proven winner.
What Is a Birth Injury?
If your child has had any injury or trauma during labor and delivery, it may not be immediately clear whether your baby suffers from a birth injury.
- Did you have a difficult delivery or C-section?
- Did you suffer from placental abruption?
- Was your baby deprived of oxygen?
- Did your doctor use a vacuum or forceps during delivery?
- Did your son or daughter suffer head trauma?
- Does your child suffer from seizures?
- Were there problems with your baby’s heart rate on the fetal monitor?
- Did your baby need to be resuscitated?
- Did your child receive head cooling or hypothermia therapy after suffering a birth injury?
- How long was your baby in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit)?
Trauma can be caused by use of induction/Pitocin, forceps, vacuum, or a C-section called too late. We know the questions to ask, have the contacts to get the answers and have the experience and trial knowledge to get you the justice you are looking for.
Negligence and incompetence can lead to birth trauma including:
- Brachial Plexus Injuries/Erb’s Palsy
- Brain Injury
- Infant Cephalohematoma
- Cerebral Palsy
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
Fieger Law: Nationally Recognized Birth Trauma Lawyers
For over 30 years, the Southfield birth trauma experts at Fieger Law have fought for victims’ rights. If your child suffers from a birth injury, Geoffrey Fieger and Fieger Law can help. Contact Michigan’s top law firm specializing in birth trauma cases today.
- What is the difference between birth defects and birth injuries?
- What You Need To Know About Birth Injuries & Postpartum Pain
- How much compensation can you claim in a birth injury lawsuit?
Call 1-800-A-WINNER for a free consultation or fill out our online case submission form.