According to the Federal Railroad Administration:
- Over 7,000 train accidents occur each year.
- Over 3,000 train accidents lead to death, injury, and property damage each year.
- Over 80% of railroad crossings have insufficient warning signals and devices.
Train accidents include:
- Train and car/truck/motorcycle collisions
- Train and train collisions
- Railroad crossing accidents
- Railroad accidents
- Derailments involving toxic or hazardous materials
Train accidents don’t just happen. They are caused by negligence and incompetence, and there’s simply no excuse for it. At Fieger Law, our Michigan train accident lawyers are here to fight for you, protect your rights, and get you the compensation and closure you deserve after your tragic accident. Contact our firm today!
Even minor train accidents can result in serious injury or death. From innocent bystanders to passengers, railroad workers, and drivers of other vehicles, train accidents can impact dozens of people at a time. Fortunately, these are preventable catastrophes if companies would enforce effective safety procedures. People don’t need to get injured or die,but when they do, Fieger Law fights to make railroad and train companies pay. If you need representation in your train accident lawsuit, we can help.
What Causes Train Accidents?
- Failure to sound horns or use lights when approaching crossings
- Defective signals or gates
- Mechanical failure
- Improperly maintained or faulty tracks
- Lack of safety gates
- Unprotected crossings
- Inexperienced or irresponsible train operator
- Inexperienced, overworked and negligent railroad workers
- Obstacles on the tracks
- Too much cargo weight
- Crossings obstructed by plants and other objects
- Objects protruding from the train
- Slips and falls on tracks, platforms, trains
Train accidents create complicated lawsuits, often involving multiple parties deflecting blame and pointing fingers. Our team at Fieger Law doesn’t want to hear excuses. We want answers. We’ll dig deep to get you justice and make sure those responsible are held financially accountable.
How Do I Sue an Amtrak Train?
Amtrak is one of the most widespread passenger train companies in the United States. However, because the U.S. government partially funds them, this can lead to additional complications during the lawsuit process. There are also different settlement limits in place for personal injury victims and their families. By hiring an Amtrak injury lawyer from Fieger Law, you can ensure that your case goes in the right direction from the get-go.
For well over 70 years, our train accident attorneys in Michigan have helped people get the closure and financial support they need. We have secured the largest verdicts and settlements in the country, adding up to hundreds of millions of dollars obtained for our clients. Let us fight for you.