Southfield Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
Get Compensation for Lifelong Care Nationwide
Geoffrey Fieger and his team have won millions for spinal cord injury victims and their families. We won’t settle with your future. We’ll fight for you—and we will win.
It can happen in an instant: a car accident, assault, sports injury, or even a fall down the stairs can result in a spinal cord injury. The effects can range from a lack of coordination to complete paralysis. A severed spinal cord cannot be cured. It’s a life-changing event and the recovery and rehabilitation is long and expensive. Expenses can exceed $1 million in the first year alone.
Insurance companies tend to fight hard to limit your compensation. The attorneys at Fieger Law are not afraid to go head-to-head with insurance companies to fight for you. We’ve secured over 165 verdicts and settlements at $1 million or higher—we know how to out-smart and out-fight the people who would deny responsibility for your injury.
The Effects of a Spinal Cord Injury
The physical consequences of a spinal cord injury vary from patient to patient, from muscular pain to nerve damage requiring lengthy medical treatment.
In many cases, the consequences of a spinal cord injury include:
- Paraparesis: a partial paralysis of the victim’s lower extremities
- Paraplegia: the complete paralysis of a patient’s lower extremities
- Quadriparesis: a partial paralysis of all four of a person’s extremities
- Quadriplegia: the complete paralysis of all four of a victim’s extremities
The Costs of a Spinal Cord Injury
Aside from the physical limitations imposed on spinal cord injury victims, the lifetime financial burden (healthcare costs, loss of wages) can also be overwhelming, sometimes reaching well into the millions. Many families cannot afford to pay medical costs that high. That’s why you need a spinal cord injury attorney who will fight for you. The team of spinal cord injury attorneys at Fieger Law understand your pain and suffering. They also know the law and your right to proper compensation.
Spinal Cord Injury Statistics
According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center (NSCISC):
- An estimated 17,000 new spinal cord injury cases occur each year.
- There are approximately 282,000 people suffering with a spinal cord injury in the U.S.
- Average age of a spinal cord injury victim is 42 years old.
- 80% of new spinal cord injuries occur with men.
- Vehicle accidents are the leading cause of spinal cord injury followed by falls, acts of violence and sports accidents.
- Less than 1% of sufferers of a spinal cord injury experience complete neurological recovery when they leave the hospital.
- Spinal cord injury victims can experience diseases of the genitourinary system, respiratory, digestive, circulatory, and musculoskeletal systems as well as of their skin.
- Approximately 30% of spinal cord injury patients return to the hospital within a year of injury.
When You Can’t Afford to Lose Your Case, Call 1-800-A-WINNER
Fieger Law understands that our spinal injury clients have medical costs that will take multiple lifetimes to afford. People should not have to sacrifice their financial security, peace of mind, and quality of life because a business, insurance company, or anyone else wouldn’t take responsibility for their actions.
Fieger Law is one of the most effective firms in the U.S. when it comes to making companies pay for their mistakes. We’ve secured hundreds of millions for our clients. Let us help you.
Call us or contact us online—we’ll review your case for free and figure out who is responsible for your pain.