Michigan Train Accident Attorneys
Hundreds of Millions of Dollars Won for Accident Victims Across the U.S.
Every day, over 80,000 people ride more than 300 passenger trains, traveling at speeds up to 150 mph. Yet, many of these trains are operating with outdated technology that is more than 50 years old and not up to today’s safety standards. This not only puts train passengers at risk, but also railroad workers, motorists, and pedestrians.
According to the Federal Railroad Administration:
- Over 7,000 train accidents occur each year.
- Over 3,000 train accidents lead to death, injury, and property damage each year.
- Over 80% of railroad crossings have insufficient warning signals and devices.
Train accidents include:
- Train and car/truck/motorcycle collisions
- Train and train collisions
- Railroad crossing accidents
- Railroad accidents
- Derailments involving toxic or hazardous materials
Train accidents don’t just happen. They are caused by negligence and incompetence, and there’s simply no excuse for it. At Fieger Law, we’re here to fight for you, protect your rights, and get you the compensation and closure you deserve.
Even minor train accidents can result in serious injury or death. From innocent bystanders to passengers, railroad workers, and drivers of other vehicles, train accidents can impact dozens of people at a time. Fortunately, these are preventable catastrophes if companies enforce good safety procedures. People don’t need to be injured or die—when they do, Fieger Law fights to make railroad and train companies pay.
What Causes Train Accidents?
- Failure to sound horns or use light when approaching crossings
- Defective signals or gates
- Mechanical failure
- Improperly maintained or faulty tracks
- Lack of safety gates
- Unprotected crossings
- Inexperienced or irresponsible train operator
- Inexperienced, overworked and negligent railroad workers
- Obstacles on the tracks
- Too much cargo weight
- Crossings obstructed by plants and other objects
- Objects protruding from the train
- Slips and falls on tracks, platforms, trains
Train accidents create complicated lawsuits, often involving multiple parties deflecting blame and pointing fingers. Our team at Fieger Law doesn’t want to hear excuses. We want answers. We’ll dig deep to get you justice and make sure those responsible are held financially accountable.
For well over 30 years, our Michigan train accident attorneys have helped people get the closure and financial support they need. We have secured the largest verdicts and settlements in the country, adding up to over hundreds of millions of dollars obtained for our clients. Let us fight for you.
Call 1-800-A-WINNER or contact us through our simple online form—we want to hear your story and find out who caused your train crash.