Fortunately, the Social Security Administration offers two programs to help disabled individuals who are unable to work—Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). However, the vast majority of applicants get denied the Social Security disability benefits they are entitled to receive.
Trying to appeal a denied Social Security claim on your own is very difficult. You need an experienced attorney that understands SSDI/SSI rules and regulations. At Fieger Law, we know the law and the intricacies of Social Security disability claims. We’ll fight to protect the Social Security benefits that you’ve earned and rightly deserve.
We’ve helped hundreds of individuals fight for their rights, and we won’t stop fighting until we win for you.
Common Reasons Why Social Security Claims Get Denied
- Individual does not have a long-term disability.
- Individual does not meet the historical earnings requirement.
- Individual is working and makes more than the qualifying income.
- Belief that the disability does not interfere with an individual’s work functions.
- Lack of medical evidence.
- Individual failed to comply with suggested medical treatment.
- Individual falsified claim information.
To be eligible for Social Security Disability benefits, you typically must meet two earning tests:
- A recent work test, based on your age at the time you became disabled.
- A duration of work test to show that you worked long enough under Social Security.
Geoffrey Fieger and his team have represented hundreds of individuals denied their rights. We don’t stand for injustice and don’t stand by and do nothing about it. Our legal team fights hard to protect your rights and get you the Social Security benefits you deserve.
Nationally-Recognized Social Security Lawyers—Fighting For You
For over 70 years, the Social Security experts at Fieger Law have fought for victims’ rights. If you or a family member have been denied Social Security disability benefits, Geoffrey Fieger and the expert attorneys at Fieger Law can help. We have vast legal knowledge and passion for helping our clients—both of which are necessary for cases like these.